The Recovery Hub for American Women Writers peer reviews digital projects at various stages of completion. Projects are publicized by SSAWW and included in a twice-yearly showcase on the Hub website. Project showcases will be cross-published in an annual issue of Reviews in Digital Humanities. Peer-reviewed projects are also featured in a pedagogical forum where educators at the K-12 and college level can access professionally produced teaching materials, including assignments, video interviews, and examples of student work. The Hub’s peer review process is grounded in feminist practice; reviewers use an open model that emphasizes one-on-one mentorship and encourages project directors to build upon and cite the work of other feminists. The Hub also values the iterative nature of digital projects by offering in-process peer review even at a project’s earliest stages. Accepted projects must fit within the Recovery Hub’s Mission.
The editorial board will select two projects for peer review and showcase. Please submit requests to be included in the peer review process no later than March 31, 2022.
To submit your project for consideration:
Please send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Your information
- Institution (if applicable)
- Phone number and email address
- Project information
- Project name
- Project URL (if applicable)
- Names of any project collaborators
- Project abstract (up to 500 words) – Explain the project in its entirety and the specific segment or iteration of the project under consideration for peer review (500 words)
- Project charter/editorial statement
- Two-page CVs for you and each of your collaborators